Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Get up and get dressed!

Are we clothed in righteousness?
I for one am well aware of how easy it is to get caught up in the "hub bub" of the daily grind. It is so easy to give more thought to the bad attitude of the check out girl at Wal-Mart then to the attitude we are wearing.
I kinda have a little thing I do now when I realize I'm going that way. I stand up and point my finger down directly over my head till someone asks what I'm doing. Then I declare that I am pointing to the axis on which the whole world revolves! Eeiks! Try as I might I do forget that life is going on outside my little nucleus.
That little gal in the Wal-Mart check out line might have benefited from a word of compassion or encouragement. It is a matter of what glasses we put on in the morning. Are we looking at the world through our eyes or did we put on our spiritual glasses this morning? How can we be effective for the Kingdom if we cant see past our own face? Focusing in is a great tool of the enemy. If he can keep us preoccupied with our own woes we wont ever be useful in directing others to the Love of Christ.
God cares about every detail of your life. He has it all covered so we can rest it there and know that we can make ourselves available to the needs of others. How cool is that. No worries. It is so awesome to be able to be useful in ministering to others while God has complete control of the circumstances in your life.
This is how I am purposing to get through this time in our families season of transition. I have let go and am allowing God to realign us on the path He is laying before us and focusing out instead of in, it sure feels great and let me tell ya...The Blessings that are flowing forth are nothing short of miraculous.
Thank you Lord for the peace to rest in your capable hands. I desire nothing more then to be your servant. Here I am send me.

3 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR STEPHANIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I LOVE YOU!

AND I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE CHECK!

Stephanie said...

It only took me "40" years!
Love you too! And you are coming to visit for my birthday!? Ok...a phone visit will do for now but I am having heavy withdrawel ya know.

Thanks for going before me and helping my way easier.
You Rock!

bp said...

I saw your birthday now at Debra's and forgot to come over and say happy birthday!

I love this about having an attitude check. I really have to be careful of this myself.