Saturday, October 4, 2008

Simply Love...(simple?)

Rejoice in the Lord always again I say rejoice. I read a message this morning, reminding me that God is not angry at me nor is He punishing me. God does not want me to feel guilty or ashamed. He wants me to know His love and to experience the joy of knowing Him. I Love, Love, Love that! I have an insatiable hunger for the things of the Lord. I crave his manifest presence in my life more then anything else imaginable. I know that God is developing in me a heart for Him and Him alone. I wish I could say that I have arrived but I still let the world get the best of me far to often. If asked what I really want this side of heaven ...What would I say? What would you say? How do I really want to be living here on this earth? Where do I want to be?
The only thing I can think of is to say I want to be right where God wants me to be. Doing what God wants me to do and saying what God wants me to say. I would want to have such a close relationship with the Lord that that would be an easy thing for me to know and do. My best step in that direction would be studying the Bible. Learning from what He did give me. The Bible shows me that God is Love. Help me Lord to walk in that kind of Love. Understanding all of the character of Love and living it I believe is a huge part of receiving all that God has for us. Everything else would follow. This is what I am praying for. This is what I believe God would have me do. I repent of the many many ways where I fail to show love. Forget fail to show love. I just simply have not cultivated a heart of Love. There are people I Love and there are people I love to hate! That is wrong...forgive me Lord and help me to see all people the way you do. I believe to do this I also need to pray for discernment. Lord Help me to discern good from evil and also help me to respond appropriately. As you are working these things out in me I pray that I will just simply be obedient to do as you are directing me. Give me eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart that cries Abba father. Amen

2 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

I love your title this morning. Not too simple to simply love all the time huh? And yet, there's that command! haha

I woke up with another migraine that is kicking me pretty good. Jay's birthday is tomorrow and I haven't done a thing for him since I've been sick...and you know me..I'm kicking myself and feeling like not such a good wife.

I'm determined to get up but each time I do...I feel dizzy. He is vacuuming as I type...oh that precious man.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I'm blessed that Mark was blessed. ((hugs))

bp said...

It sounds like God's perfect timing for you to read that message this morning to have the reminder from Him.