Tuesday, October 14, 2008

keeping our eyes and ears tuned into the Father

It has been a busy week. Mark has not found a new job yet but Gods provision has been great! Mark led worship at church this Sunday while our wonderful worship leader was on vacation. He did great! I believe that no matter what mistakes he may have made his love and heart of worship for the Lord is so anointed that it doesn't even matter. The average person would never even notice if a mistake was made.
We were talking about how deep his worship comes from and pondering if that ever fades for someone whose job is to lead worship every week. I think that would be high on the list of prayer concerns for any in the ministry. Knowing my husband that is not necessarily an issue but it's when you don't think that it's your problem that it can sneak in the back door.
Any way...it was a great growing experience and his heart is to serve the Lord in any capacity he is called.
As far as life in "Kentner Land"...
Mark wrote 5 adorable children's stories...he wants me to illustrate them...I'm thinkin that is a little bit out of my skill level.
Our hearts are totally ok with not getting our house. (thank you Lord)
We are taking each day as it comes and some are easier then others but we are feeling the insulation of prayers. We get our eyes on the world every now and then but are so quick to run back to the Folds Of His Robe as my dear Deb says.
I guess that is where I feel led to blog right now.

Oh how quickly we judge and become opinionated concerning other peoples lives. I am constantly reminding myself that I don't know the heart of the Father concerning other peoples affairs nor do they know of mine. Well meaning friends and Family are so quick to tell us to do this or that. And to question why we are or aren't doing this or that. I think my answer is that we are praying and we are doing what we feel the Holy Spirit is directing us to do. It is simply that I don't feel like I have it in me to have to justify every decision we are making and why. Not to say that if someone we respected as wise and welcome spiritual council were to come to us that we wouldn't gladly share and seek from them whatever they felt the Lord would have them impart to us. It is just amazing to me that everyone has an opinion and they expect you to head what they have to say. I guess in saying all that what I have learned is to not be so quick to give advice unsolicited not to judge people so quickly and to show understanding and compassion. I will go to someone if after I pray and I feel strongly the Lord is impressing on me to go. Being Spirit led in every aspect of our lives is the way we need to be. Now some would think that that is a bit over the top but I say it is what we should all strive for. We are to be transformed into the image of Christ. He did as the Father did. I wish I could say that I was able to do that all the time. Many times I realize that a situation came up and it never crossed my mind to give it to the Lord. That is my goal though and slowly but surly we are making progress.
I pray all of you are considering Him in all you do too. Even the small stuff. Some would say ...what are you a mindless puppet? but I say that would make me wholly surrendered and submitted to the Father. What about you?

2 comments:

bp said...

Hi Stephanie, Good to read your post. That is a good piece of advice regarding not giving unsolicited advice. It makes me think I wonder how often do I do that in my life.

Have a good day!

Debra Kaye said...

Steph,

I love your sweet heart..."It is a growing experience", you never cease to amaze me.

I have some lovin for you at my blog.

((hugs)) Love you!