Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thank you

I guess we can call this "day 2" of the new year. We find ourselves not really sure what to do. There are some things that need to be addressed and we haven't gotten a clear word yet on exactly how. It is very important to us to not go on auto pilot and fail to seek the Lord for each step on this journey. It is so hard to find a balance in what is just simply the "good thing" and what is the "God thing".
As important as that is it is also paramount to us to have a thankful heart. That can be a challenge. Thank you God that we are jobless and have no clue how we are going to feed our family or where we can live? Well....not exactly.
Lets try: Thank you that we are all healthy well and able with Your help Lord to move froward seeking your will for this family. Thank you that this happened before we closed on that house. Thank you that we have our brothers and sisters in Christ praying on our behalf...many of whom I wont even know till we are with you in eternity. Thank you for eternity. It is not all about this life in this place but about how we will spend eternity. Thank you that we can determin that now, by how we choose to live here and now. Thank You that You are here to help us choose well. Thank you for my son who is playing his guitar and singing worship songs to you as I type this. Thank you for helping me find my praise ever Day and in all circumstances.

I love you and live for only You Lord.
Amen

2 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Steph,

Isa 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand"

I am praying and entrusting you into our Heavenly Father's caring righteous hands. I know you are safe there. I'm loving you and thanking the Lord for your thankfulness in the very hard situation you are in and how honest and transparent you allow yourself to be!

Loving you....

bp said...

Hi Stephanie,

The uncertainty must be so hard. Like Debra, I'm glad to read of your thankfulness through such a touch time. I am praying.