Monday, October 20, 2008

Isaiah 26:3-4

Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified Bible)

3You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.

It is a choice we all can make...to keep our mind stayed on the Lord.

4So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages].

I have said many times myself "it's hard to trust in the Lord" Now I wonder why?

It is only because of unbelief that one would say that they Cant trust in the Lord...But why is it hard?

I believe I have come to a place where it is easy to trust in the Lord... it is hard to trust my ability to hear and properly do as He is leading. So, now it is a matter of growing in my relationship with Him that I may have more confidance in my ability to accuratly hear and obey.

The only way that will happen is by abiding in Him, soaking in His word and in prayer. Surrounding myself with wise council and filling myself with the things of the Lord. The less there is of the world and myself the more time and room there is to be filled with Him.

Something to think about...

3 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Steph,

I am so leaning on Him right now. I am turning every thought over to Him. We have heard from the Athletic Director this morning but those words will have to be in a phone call later or left unsaid.

I am also praying about the Melaleuca line. I really like the tour I took and I love what it is doing for you. I have a few things to do around here this morning and Josh needs my help with a few things and then I'll call you when he goes to practice this afternoon.

I'm lovin ya!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Stephanie,

Just wanted you to know that I continue to pray for the job situation. I know how hard this is, as I recently was there. Now, I have one, but....

Our Father in Heaven will take care of us, and He knows what is best.

I came over here the other night to leave you a message, specifically because I wanted you to know I was continuing to pray. Something happened and I don't think I left the message. You've been on my mind, so the Lord was telling me to get back over here.

Love,
Cheryl

Stephanie said...

You are awesome...Every word of encouragements is a treasure. People from our church have been amazing praying for us ans meeting our needs. It is very humbling. My husband feels that he is to persue full time ministry. Deb Knows this a long time coming so we are keeping our eyes stayed on him.

Have a blessed day.